Raspberry & banana load
Credits to: Sarah McCarthy
- 3 bananas (mine weighed 172g)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 25g oat flour (just oats milled in a food processor to a fine powder)
- 3 scoops (90g) vanilla protein powder (I used vanilla rice protein - SARAH15 discount)
- 5g baking powder
- 2g xanthan gum (you can get this from coles and woolies)
- 10g vanilla coffee creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (25g)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) unsweetened almond milk or milk of choic
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup liquid egg white (I used free range egg white)
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries.
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
2. Throw all your ingredients (except raspberries) in a high speed blender or food processor and mix on high for a minute or until consistency is smooth (you may want to wipe down the sides of the food processor a couple of times to make sure the batter is consistent). If you like to picky, work your way down the list and add to the blender as you, go but who really has time for that!
3. Pour batter into a silicone loaf pan or lined and greased load tin
4. Pour raspberries on top and swirl through the top of the mixture with a skewer or knife
5. Cover with grease proof paper or foil and bake in oven for approximately 40minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).
Makes 9 pieces
Macros per slice: 161 calories
C20.2 P11.4 F3.4