Lemon & jelly slice
MAKES 1 PREP 5 MINUTES COOK 5 MINUTES
- 3/4 Cup Blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or erythitol
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 serve (30gs) of vanilla sprouted brwon rice protien powder
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup water, room temperature
- 1-1 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Flavor add ins:
- Top with lemon and lime zest and desiccated coconut
- The juice of 1 lemon
- The juice of 1 lime
- Blend pecans in blender or food processor, then add in the remains base ingredients.
- Place into a tray or load pan lined with baking paper and aluminum foil (to help clean up)
- Set in fridge to harden while you make the filling
- Place all of the filling ingredients aside from the water and gelatin into a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Let it simmer but do not allow it to boil.
- Whisking frequently until the mixture reduced slightly and thickness
- Sprinkcin gelatin into the water letting it bloom slightly
- Add the geotal to the filling mixture
- Whisking constantly over the heat, take it off the heat when it thickens slightly poor it into a jug (or messing up) and let it cool. If you don’t the mixture will surround the base, possibly lifting it and combining it.
- set till it is firm to touch
Alternative flavour suggestions: from base filling recipe
- Limonade bomb: double the amount of lemon and lime juice and add the zest of the one lemon and lime to the filling mixture.
- Creamy orange: use coconut milk instead of almond milk and replace the lemon and lime juice with the juice and zest of an orange.
- Citrus salad: use half the juice of a lemon and lime, with 1/4 – 1/2 the juice of an orange and grapefruit. Top with the zest of each desiccated coconut