Studies conducted on post-menopausal women by the University of Helsinki (2004), show that Lactobacillus Helveticus supports bone mineral density and increases calcium absorption.
The application of milk products containing this bacterium proved to increase bone formation of osteoblasts (bone cells), as well as serum calcium concentrations.
Benefits of Lactobacillus Helveticus include:
- Aiding hypertension by reducing blood pressure
- Facilitated recovery from fatigue
- Stress-reducing effects
- Stimulation of antitumor immune response, particularly with estrogen-dependent tumors
- Immunostimulating effects
- Help modulating the relationship between immune and endocrine systems
- Potential for improving learning ability and memory
- Help in prevention of osteoporosis
- Possible assistance for life extension
Lactobacillus Helveticus is often used in making Swiss-type cheeses and added specifically to certain fermented milks, and can be found in Tony Sfeir’s Digestive Boost full of Probiotics.