We have a naughty recipe for you!
People that are forced to stick to a gluten-free and dairy-free diet for health reasons have been presented with the best recipe in years. Those people that have tried it are over the moon and would gladly see this recipe inducted into the “Cookie Hall of Fame”. Not only is it easy and quick to prepare but the taste is out of this world.
Baking time is a fast 15 minutes for this unique four ingredient recipe before allowing it cooling time. It can be sprinkled with flake salt or topped with peanut butter cups. Using all-natural peanut butter without sugar or the need for stirring delivers the best results. One can use other types of peanut butter as well such as the crunchy products or even chocolate chips.
Fast facts about the recipe:
- To hold their cross hatch shape, it helps to chill the dough for several hours before baking.
- Preparation time is 30 minutes
- Cooking time is 10 minutes
- Chilling time for the dough is 3 hours
- Yield per recipe is 2 dozen cookies
- Smooth peanut butter gives a smoother consistency
- Crunchy will give bits of peanuts throughout the cookie.
1. 112g butter (1 stick, 4 ounces, 1/2 cup)
2. 100 g white granulated sugar
GET DELICIOUS RECIPES
and $113 of FREE Protein Powder
Simply enter your details into the form below and get instant access and coupon codes today.
3. 110 g packed brown sugar
4. 130 g peanut butter
5. 1 egg
6. 160 g all purpose flour
7. 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
8. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
9. 1/4 teaspoon salt
The Preparation Method.
- Beat the butter while adding the sugars.
- Mix in peanut butter and egg.
- Beat the butter until creamy for around 2 minutes.
- Add the sugars and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- Add and mix in the peanut butter and egg.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients while stirring in the sugar and butter mixture.
- Cool the dough wrapped in plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Shape the dough into balls, (1 ¼ inch balls) and flatten with a fork.
- Place the balls about 75mm (3 inches) apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Create a crisscross pattern using a fork.
- Bake until light brown. (9-10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and cool in baking sheets for 1 minute before transferring the
- cookies to a rack to cool completely.
PS, if you prefer chewier cookies, bake at 150°C for 15 minutes.
This recipe is absolutely delicious if you give it a try let us know in the comments!