Apple and Cinnamon bars
Credits to: Sarah McCarthy
- 250g rolled oats
- 200g diced apple ▪️ 2.5 scoops/ 75g vanilla rice protein powder
- 25ml sugar free apple & cinnamon maple syrup (finally found this - it’s sooo good! Can also be subbed for regular maple syrup)
- 50g almond butter or other runny nut butter
- 125g unsweetened almond milk
- 80g finely sliced apples to top
1. Preheat oven to 190*C
2. Line a baking pan with enviro friendly baking paper
3. Process the rolled oats in a mixer or food processor
4. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, mix well
5. Slice remaining apple and place on top of mixture, sprinkle with a little cinnamon
5. Bake for approx 25 -30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out moist with small crumbles. Keep an eye on the top as you may need to cover with foil to ensure it doesn’t brown too much .
Keep in the fridge or freezer to keep fresh (defrost before eating 🥶 ) .
Makes 12 large bars.
Macros per piece: 146 calories / C16.3 P8.4 F4.3