Smoothies are a great way to boost energy, get your vitamin fix and check the fruits and veggies off your 5 a day list. They’re also deliciously easy.
Here are our top 3 smoothies to boost your endurance energy:
#1. The energy boosting green smoothie
For when you need to feel refreshed, cleansed and energised.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 large apple (cored or seeds removed)
- 1 banana
- 1 pear (cored or seeds removed)
- Teaspoon honey
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or coconut water
- 1 scoop of protein powder
#2. The energy boosting vitamin C smoothie
For when you need to feel pumped, alert and full of energy.
- 1 orange (peeled and seeds removed)
- 2 Kiwi fruit
- 1 peach
- 1 cups fresh spinach
- 2 carrots
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
#3. The energy boosting superfood smoothie.
For when you need that extra super kick for an endurance work out.
- 2 small beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut water
The great thing about making smoothies is that practice makes perfect so you can always mix up new recipes with these energy boosting ingredients.
Share your own favourite flavours and tried and tested recipes in the comments below…