If you’re trying to lose weight you’ll need to cut out the sugars and unhealthy snacks.
Weight loss bars are a great in between meal option. They contain less fat and sugars but still provide you with enough protein and energy for your work out…
Supermarket brands can be full of secret additives and extra calories.
The best weight loss bars are the ones you make at home with fresh, all natural ingredients…
GET DELICIOUS RECIPES
and $113 of FREE Protein Powder
Simply enter your details into the form below and get instant access and coupon codes today.
Here are our 3 favourite delicious recipes for weight loss bars…
#1.Nutty Banana Bars
For when you need that extra energy boost…
Makes 9 bars
1.5 Cups Oats
3 Medium Bananas, Mashed
3 Scoops Protein Powder
4 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Walnuts, Ground
2 TBP Vanilla Extract
1 TBP Cinnamon
1. Mix all dry ingredients (oats, protein, walnuts, cinnamon) In a large bowl,and stir.
2. In a separate bowl mash wet ingredients (bananas and add egg whites and vanilla) and stir.
3. Combine both bowls and beat until evenly mixed.
4. Pour mixture into a greased baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes in a pre heated oven.
Per Serving: Calories204 Protein16 g Carbs22 g
#2. Choc and Berry bars
For when you need a little treat…
Serves: 8 bars
1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
1/2 cup blue agave or honey
1 cup rolled oats
2 scoops protein powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup flaxseed
¼ cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raspberries
1. Stir peanut butter and agave or honey in a pan over low heat until smooth.
2. Remove from the heat and add oats, protein and flaxseed. Stir until totally combined.
3. Fold in raspberries.
4. Pour mixture into a baking tin, even out and flatten.
5. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
After an hour, take out bars from freezer and cut into single servings.
Per serving; Calories: 199 Protein: 9.5g Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 20g
#3. Apple Breakfast Bars
A great snack to go with your morning smoothie…
Makes 12 bars
1 cup oats
2 scoops protein powder
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 egg whites
3 tbsp agave
2tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs coconut oil
1 medium Granny Smith Apple grated
1. Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, protein powder,cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)in a bowl
4. Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, agave, vanilla, water and coconut oil) in a separate bowl.
5. Combine both bowls
6. Fold in grated apple
7. Pour mixture into a greased baking pan and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees in a pre heated oven
Per serving: Cals: 103 Protein: 6.2g Fat: 4.4g Carbohydrates: 9.9g
Losing weight can be hard but keeping hunger at bay is easy with these bars! Rather than snacking unhealthily through the day fuel your body with good wholesome food. Make sure you drink enough water and keep hydrated too. You body needs balance and care to perform at its best…
Our favourite thing about these recipes is they are so flexible!
Feel free to mix them up and add your own favourite fruits and nuts to the blends.
Let us know how your own experiments go in the comments below…